Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Empty Dryness

FOR A WHILE NOW, I haven't written a thing in this blog. I don't really have anything special to say, but i don't want to forget about this blog, either. So, I'll ramble.
   Im currently in a desert. Not the sandy, Arabian, camel-ride sort of desert, but the kind which offers little more than dry thorns and dull rocks. This will be a three day trip and since I have no other piece of technology besides this  phone, I will not be doing much writing. Which is a shame, for I'm nearly done with the second draft of my book. My alpha readers are eager to recieve this piece of work I've been telling them about for the past year and a half.
   Now, because I am not going to write much, I've decided that  I must come up with the book's ending without the help of pages of text. In a way, I already have the ending, but during the second draft, I changed some of the characters a bit, some of the plotline a bit, some of the world a bit.    So, now that I am approximately three chapters away from the ending, I have to decide between different characters and their different resolutions. Everyone can't have everything, so I must decide which characters get what they want and which characters must find solace.
   I've spoken to my readers, those who have read two thirds of the book already, and together with them, I've figured out exactly what it is that must be concluded. 
   I know there is a message working it's way into one of the POV characters' story, but I don't know if he'll see it coming, or if it will blindside him.
   I know that another character's end will return him to the same state of mind he had been in at the beginning of the book, but I do not know how those around him will react.
   I know that another character will get what she wants, but I am still puzzling over how exactly she will manage it.
   I have many things to work out, many doubts, and many uncertainties. In fact, the only thing I am certain about, is that the story is finally coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment